Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Rhonda
Thing Writer Since: January 2009
Age: 28
Marital Status: Married to Eric Ritenour
College: Geneva College, majored in Music Education
Occupation(s): Houseparent
Rhonda enjoys: Music, reading, developing her writing skills, watching movies, going to cafe like places and just visiting and "chatting it up" with people. Running, hiking, any sports...
Favorites: Steelers Football, old movies (like Hepburn stuff), history, and...cheesies? (must be a Western PA term!)
Favorite phrase she uses that Ben makes fun of: "Let's go sled-riding!!"
How she fell in love with JC: Rhonda grew up in church, but her faith took some amazing steps of growth in watching the transformation that Jesus made in her father, who had changed later on in life from a mean alcoholic, to a "can't stop telling people about the love of Jesus" kind of Christian...She was blessed to witness this change in his life even though his life was nearing an end and he passed away shortly after of brain cancer. I'm sure she'll tell you more about that as the time goes on...
Why write on the Thing? Rhonda agreed to write on the Thing because I (Ben) forced her to...haha...In reality, she was a part time Thing viewer, and then as Joe (then writer) and I felt the need for a third writer, to help keep the quality of the Thing up, as well as give us some "down time," I asked her if she'd want to join the team. She said yes, because she wants to seize the opportunity to put some of her thoughts and prayers into words. And you'll love reading the words she writes!
Connection: I (Ben) know Rhonda personally because she is the wife of our former young adult pastor at Codorus Church, Eric Ritenour. Eric came to the church in 2007, and soon after proposed to Rhonda. Then they were married, and Rhonda joined Eric in York, PA. Since being at Codorus church, she has shown that she is a woman chasing the heart of God, and it is evident in everything she does. We are pleased to have her thoughts on The Thing of the Day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
So, are those 3D glasses?
haha yes they were! We went to see "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" I love that movie!! :) It was nothing but puns so Eric loved loved it! haha
I LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT PIC RHONDA !!!!!!!! And I miss both of you :(
Post a Comment